Tuesday 25 October 2011

tweet and travel.

Though this is a school post, I've wanted to write about this topic for quite sometime.

My first tweet was back in 2009 when my cousin, Joey, told me to start using it. Her exact words were "Have you heard of Twitter? It's SO much fun!"
 
I did hear of it, but didn't care for it at that time. I think it's because I thought it was plain silly. Why would someone want to write about them eating? going for a number 2? and to top it off share it with the WORLD. So I tweeted two times and stopped.

It wasn't until I went to Vancouver in 2010 that I saw how Twitter ACTUALLY works. Joey would be on it 24/7 and finally I asked her "what's the deal with this Twitter business". She told me how majority of users don't write that kind of 'personal' stuff but rather market themselves on who they are, what they do, and what's going on around them in a total of 140 words. I thought that was pretty cool. But the coolest part was when it was put into ACTION. 


Joey woke me up one morning, SUPER EARLY (thought I would add that in) and told me we have to go take the train to go watch The Colbert Report LIVE!!! I was pretty stoked! I asked her how she found that out and lo and behold she said TWITTER!!!!!!!


That is when my appreciation for Twitter began. Twitter is more than a website. It's a way of life. It allows you to connect to  different types of people, experience things that you wouldn't on a daily basis and be part of everyone's world. Twitter is travelling in my eyes. Travelling into people's lives.
 

The only unfortunate thing is I write less, probably less then 140 words on a daily basis. BUT if used in a way that gets your point across then every word is POWERFUL.
Let me try a few sentences on how I feel about Twitter in less than
140 words and let me know what you guys think.

Try #1: Twitter is like travelling. Watch the fascination unfold tweet by tweet.

Try #2: Twitter is like several short stories. Those who don't read them are missing out on the whole experience.



Joey and I



I'm looking forward to what you guys think of Twitter! Please comment in less than 140 words.



@priyatandon

No comments:

Post a Comment