Sunday 27 November 2011

times are changing.

I was on one of my favorite news websites- BBC, when this article caught my eye.

Iraq gets first all-female taxis




It hit me right then and there that, yes, our world is slowly but surely changing and progressing. I think it's so important for women to grow and see their potential. I know for many years in my life, I didn't take the time for myself to realize what was important to me and what wasn't. I put other people's needs before my own. And now that I am getting older and yes I can say a bit wiser, I am in a very content position in my life.

I have a lot to learn but reading stories about women who take a chance for themselves to better their lives and the future generation is inspiring. It inspires me to do better.

We live in a world where women are constantly judged. More frequently I've noticed women judging women. I can honestly say, I hate it. I hate when women say "oh that girl isn't pretty", or "that women is like this etc." It's frankly disgusting. And I don't like it because I know there was a point when I was younger and would look at women and judge their beauty.

It was insecurities in myself. But now that I am growing up, I realize that women are so much more connected in ways we don't even care to realize.
It's so important for us to stick together instead of judge one another. Look at this article. It's women who came together and said "Yes! It's not always safe for us to go out, so let's do something about it to make it safe!"

Simply wonderful!



No comments:

Post a Comment