Monday 11 February 2013

Khumb Mela.

Millions of people gather for a celebration that happens every 12 years. Hindu men, women and children gather in a holy place in Allahabad, India and dip in the Ganges water to free them from all there sins. During this time as many as 30 million people attend. In a couple of days, I will be one of them.

I've decided not to go near the Ganges because it's unsafe - already 36 people have died, mostly women and children in a stampede that happened two days ago. But the coincidence is many years back when my ma was in India, she prayed at the Ganges saying that when "my daughters are older, I pray that we will be back 12 years from now during the time". Her wish came true.

I will post pictures during the time I am there.

Photography: Macleans website. 







No comments:

Post a Comment